Creation Discovery Project /
back to articles page /
back to CDP home page
- 5. The Neighbourhood - The Nearest Stars
- Let us look at the local stars. Within about 10 light years there are about 30 stars. You can see Alpha Centauri which is really three stars. Also Barnard’s Star, Procyon, Tau Ceti, Epsilon Eradni and others.
- Here we can call the Sun ‘Sol’ since all stars are suns. Sol comes from the word ‘Solar’ in Solar System.
- This diagram is about 20 lights years across, or one and a quarter million Astronomical Units. Note that we are now finding that even Astronomical Units are becoming too small. Does anyone know
- the name of the galaxy that we belong to?
David Harris firstname.lastname@example.org
"In six days God created the heavens, the Earth, the seas, and all that is in them"
Created 1997 May 11th, Last modified 2001 July 23rd
David Harris; e-mail
Published by Lotus® Freelance Graphics®