Creation Discovery Project /
back to articles page /
back to CDP home page
- 11. Diagramatically Speaking
- Here is a diagrammatic view of the Great Galactic Wall. You can see that it is 500 million light years wide, 300 million light years high, and 15 million light years thick. You can also see to scale the local group, and the Milky Way (which is just a dot).
- According to Science on November 17th, 1989 the wall is so large, and so massive, it could not have been built by gravitational attraction during the 15 billion year age of the universe. (We feel the age should be Thousands, not Billions of years.) Some scientists say it could have been made in that time if there were 100 times as much mass in the wall.
- Stephen Hawking commented: ďEither we have failed to see 99% of the universe, or we are wrong about how the universe began.Ē
- We are asked to put our faith in something we canít see, and for which there is no evidence. There is another possibility of course, that it was created the way we see it now.
- Our God is so powerful that He could easily make something of that size. We also canít see God, but we can get to know Him, and the evidence for His existence is all around us. Here we have a choice. We can put our faith in matter that we canít see and have no evidence for, or in God whom we canít see but who will speak with us, and we can speak with Him. Either we can believe in non-intelligent matter, or in a super-intelligent God. I know where I want to put my faith, but it is a matter of faith which ever way you look at it!
David Harris firstname.lastname@example.org
"In six days God created the heavens, the Earth, the seas, and all that is in them"
Created 1997 May 11th, Last modified 2001 July 23rd
David Harris; e-mail
Published by Lotus® Freelance Graphics®